Degree SBC heads are a great way to boost engine performance and increase horsepower. They can provide up to 40% more air flow than a standard small block Chevrolet head and have become a popular choice among car enthusiasts looking for serious power gains. Degree SBC heads come in a variety of sizes and styles to fit most engine builds. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best 23 degree SBC heads available today and discuss the advantages of each design.
We’ll also discuss some of the best brands to look for when shopping for your SBC head.
Best 23 Degree SBC Heads Reviews
1. RHS 12062 Pro Action 23 Degree Aluminum Cylinder Head
Are you looking for a reliable and affordable cylinder head for your Chevy small block engine? Then you should consider the RHS 12062 Pro Action 23 degree aluminum cylinder head. This cylinder head is designed for street or race applications and offers superior performance and reliability.
This is a high-quality aluminum cylinder head that is designed to work with Chevy small block engines. It is made from durable aluminum and features a 23-degree design for performance-minded users. This head offers excellent airflow and comes with a variety of other features that make it a great option for users who are looking for improved performance.
The RHS 12062 is designed as a direct replacement for Chevy Small Block engines, making it a bolt-on upgrade without the need for extensive modifications.
For the efficient heat dissipation and precision engineering extends the longevity of the engine and reduces the risk of overheating and wear
- Durable construction.
- Precision machining.
- Increased airflow and intake.
- Improved performance.
- Enhanced power and torque.
2. Straight Aluminum Bare Cylinder Head
Looking for a quality aluminum cylinder head for your Chevy small block? This Straight Aluminum Bare Cylinder Head from Summit Racing may be just what you need!
This cylinder head is compatible with Chevy small block engines and has a straight intake port design. It features a 200cc intake port volume and a 68cc combustion chamber volume. It also features an as-cast finish, is machinable, and has a 34mm x 31mm intake valve size.
High quality aluminum helps to withstand all the harsh conditions while efficiently dissipating heat for improved durability.
- Aluminum heads are lighter than cast iron heads, so they can improve the engine’s overall performance.
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- It improve the engine’s volumetric efficiency and combustion characteristics.
- They’re also typically less expensive than cast iron heads.
- Enhances fuel efficiency
3. RHS 12045 Pro Action 23° Aluminum Cylinder Head
When looking for a cylinder head for your small-block Chevy, the options can be overwhelming. Which one is the best for your build? What are the differences between them? And, most importantly, which one is right for you?
One option for small block Chevy cylinder heads is the Pro Action 23 aluminum cylinder head. This head is available with a 220cc runner and a 72cc chamber. It is made from aluminum and features a conventional port design. This head is ideal for street/strip and circle track applications.
The Pro Action 23 aluminum cylinder head offers many benefits. It is lightweight, which makes it easy to install and reduces the overall weight of the engine. It also provides excellent heat dissipation, which helps to keep the engine running cool. Additionally, this head offers great valvetrain stability and durability.
It is important to note that the Pro Action 23 aluminum cylinder head is designed for use with a small block Chevy. It is not compatible with other engines. Additionally, it is not recommended for use with forced induction.
Buying Guide For Best 23-Degree SBC Heads
Selecting the best 23-degree Small Block Chevy (SBC) cylinder heads involves considering various factors related to performance, engine configuration, and budget. The choice of cylinder heads can significantly impact your engine’s power, torque, and overall performance. Here’s a buying guide to help you make an informed decision:
1. Intended Use: Determine the primary purpose of your engine build. Are you building a high-performance street machine, a drag racing engine, or a combination of both? The intended use will influence your cylinder head choice.
2. Compression Ratio: Factor in your engine’s compression ratio when choosing cylinder heads. Higher compression ratios typically benefit from cylinder heads with efficient combustion chamber designs to prevent detonation and optimize performance.
3. Airflow and Port Design: Look for cylinder heads with efficient airflow characteristics. Ports and combustion chambers should be designed to promote better airflow, leading to improved horsepower and torque.
4. Valve Size and Angles: Valve size and valve angles impact airflow and combustion efficiency. Larger valves and optimized valve angles can enhance performance at higher RPMs.
5. Material and Construction: Cylinder heads are available in various materials, such as cast iron or aluminum. Aluminum heads are lighter and dissipate heat better, but they can be more expensive. Choose a material that suits your budget and performance goals.
6. Combustion Chamber Size and Shape: The shape and size of the combustion chamber affect compression ratio and combustion efficiency. Smaller chambers generally result in higher compression ratios, while larger chambers can be more forgiving with lower-octane fuels.
7.Valve Train Compatibility: Ensure the cylinder heads are compatible with your existing valve train components or consider upgrading to components that match the new heads.
8.Porting and Machining: Some cylinder heads come with additional porting or machining options. These modifications can further enhance performance but may also add to the cost.
9. Dyno Testing: Whenever possible, consider dyno testing different cylinder head options on your engine to evaluate real-world performance gains before making a final decision.
The Best 23 Degree SBC Heads are designed to provide superior performance and exceptional value. They are perfect for all types of engines and are designed to give the most horsepower and torque available while still maintaining reliable, trouble-free operation. With an improved combustion chamber design and a wide range of features, these heads offer performance and affordability that cannot be matched by other SBC heads. They are the ideal choice for any engine builder or enthusiast looking for reliable power and performance.